There hasn't been a new development in Upcountry Maui for a while. Things are about to change.
Some may see concrete only as hard and cold. Concrete can have expressions like no other material. The varying textures within inches of each other is a perfect example.
334 Hololani Street, Pukalani (MLS# 365564)
Over 10,000 square feet of land bordering the Pukalani Golf Course. Located in Upcountry Maui, you are 15 minutes away from big box shopping, the airport, and beaches, yet worlds away with amazing bicoastal views.
This property is sold as a short sale. Offers are subject to existing escrow cancelling.
Large 4 bed, 3 bath home. Boxy, angular and airy...all what's cool about the late 70's, early 80's
Over 3,100 interior living space in the main house; tri-level with skylights
Attached studio ohana (without permits) has been redone and would be the perfect place to live in while you're renovating the main house
Want to Know More?
Contact me for a private showing or to explain the short sale process.
Ken Molina 808.344.6421 firstname.lastname@example.org
The statistics are in, and once again, Maui Meadows is proving to be the next best thing to Wailea. Prices have been on the rise and here is how the numbers are looking:
- Out of the 8 closed sales, 5 are over $1 M.
- The highest sales price was $1,500,000 and the lowest was $530,000.
- The average number of days to sell was 152.
- There are 5 properties currently in escrow. 1 is over $1 M, 4 under.
- There are 10 properties currently available. 5 are over $1 M, 5 under. The highest price is $1,850,000 and the lowest is $675,000.
In general, affordable inventory is low even as our high season is about to begin. Hopefully some savvy Sellers will get their property on the market before the rush begins.
Here's what sold:
1. 524 Hoala Drive - LP: $599,000 SP: $530,000, 3 bed/1 bath, 864 sq.ft.
2. 3379 Kehala Drive - LP: $989,000 SP: $910,000, 2 bed/3 bath, 2,316 sq.ft.
3. 3184 Mapu Place - LP: $998,000 SP: $925,000, 3 bed/3 bath, 1,800 sq. ft., Ohana: 2 bed, 696 sq.ft.
4. 3531 Lanihou Place - LP: $1,093,500 SP: $1,093,500, 3 bed/2 bath, 1,449 sq.ft.
5. 3340 Kuaua Place - LP: $1,304,999 SP: $1,240,000, 3 bed/2 bath 2,280 sq.ft., Ohana: 1 bed, 700 sq.ft.
6. 1009 Kupulau Drive - LP: $1,299,000 SP: $1,287,000, 3 bed/3.5 bath, 1,796 sq.ft., Ohana: 1 bed, 693 sq.ft.
7. 3539 Lanihou Place - LP: $1,599,000 SP: $1,463,500, 3 bed/2 bath, 2,658 sq.ft., Ohana: 2 bed, 700 sq.ft.
8. 3268 Waileia Place - LP: $1,649,000 SP: $1,500,000, 5 bed/6.5 bath, 6,620 sq.ft., Ohana: 2 bed, 859 sq.ft.
For a complete list of what is currently available, don't hesitate to contact me.
Pick of the Week
I will leave you with my pick of the week.
- LP: $1,088,800
- 4 bed/4.5 bath
- 2,943 sq.ft.
- Ohana: 2 bed, 696 sq.ft.
619 Kupulau Drive (MLS# 361313)
You may ask, "Why is it your pick of the week, Ken?" And my reply would be that this home has a lot of square footage and an ohana, and is very close to the $1 M price range. You may have noticed in the SOLD comps that a 1,400 sq.ft. home sold for $1,093,000. I believe there is a lot of upside potential in this house.
For further information on this home or any other in Maui Meadows, I'm the man for you. I've owned my home there for 15 years and would never live anywhere else.
The first quarter of 2014 is in line with activity in the country. Sales have slowed down. There were only 4 closed sales, however, prices were high, very high in fact:
- Mapu Place $1,300,000
- Kupulau Drive $1,050,000
- Kehala Drive $965,300
- Kaimana Place $7,500,000
Whoa, wait, $7.5M in Maui Meadows? Yes, you are correct. The property consists of 2 large single family homes on multiple acres in the gated community of Kaimanu Estates. If you're not familiar, the subdivision has only 9 home sites and is bordered by acres and acres of undeveloped ranch land. So that sale was a bit out of the ordinary.
Currently, there are 5 homes under contract:
- Kupulau Drive $3,345,000
- Kupulau Drive $1,250,000
- Kupulau Drive $975,000
- Hoomua Drive $1,325,000
- Kumulani Drive $500,000
Wait, $3.5M in Maui Meadows proper? Well, yes, but that house was amazing. Great pool and guest house and not another roof top in sight (except for your guest house), and awesome ocean views. Not to mention a spectacular Wailea-style remodel.
These sales may be bucking the current trend, but I think it points to the fact that perhaps Wailea is becoming unaffordable again and savvy buyers are looking to Maui Meadows. I don't blame them. The views can be way better up here. I know, I live here.
Active Maui Meadows Listings
Now, what is on the market, you ask? There are presently 19 active listings in the area.
1. 3145 Mapu Place (MLS 357909) is the least expensive at $735,000.
3145 Mapu Place
The existing cottage is 2 bedrooms, 2 baths at 704 square feet. The only thing missing here is the main house. That can be built now or in the future. This is an inexpensive way to get into Maui Meadows.
Ocean and outer island views are had from this listing
2. 619 Kupulau Drive (MLS# 355235) is a mid range priced listing at $1,150,000.
619 Kupulau Drive
The main house is 4 bedroom, 4.5 bath all in 2,943 square feet. There is also a detached 2 bedroom, 1 bath guest house at 969 square feet.
The highest priced home in the neighborhood is, again, in the Kaimanu Estates.
3. 200 Kaimana Place (MLS# 358690) is listed at $5,200,000
200 Kaimana Place
This awesome estate is Mediterranean in style with 4 bedrooms, 4.5 baths at 4,350 square feet. It also includes a pool and pool house.
Want to Call Maui Meadows Home?
There's a listing for every price range in Maui Meadows. Please view my Maui Meadows Gallery of Homes to see all the currently available listings in the area. If you are interested in becoming a neighbor, don't hesitate to contact me.
Ken Molina 808.344.6421 email@example.com